Services> User Accounts
Register for a GIF User Account
UC students, faculty, and staff are eligible for a GIF user account at no charge. User accounts include the ability to:
- login to computers in 111 and 124 Mulford Hall using CalNet authentication
- access a private network folder supporting up to 1 GB of data
- 24/7 access to computers in 111 Mulford Hall via Cal 1 Card entry
If you agree to the following guidelines, please fill out the form below and submit.
- GIF personnel may fully or partially close the facility due to workshops and events without advanced notice. Workspace closures can be viewed through our online calendar.
- I may NOT use the facility for any personal or business practice; all facility use must be related to a UC project or coursework.
- Data stored on a workstation hard drive is not private, and can potentially be deleted by other users accidentally.
- GIF personnel periodically delete all user data from every workstation, and that I should always back up my files to an external hard drive.
- I can store up to 1 GB of files on the server (the Z:\ drive), which can be accessed from any GIF computer, however I should always back up my network files to an external hard drive for safe keeping.
- As a courtesy, I may acknowledge the GIF in any publications that have benefited from our support and services. We suggest: "This research benefited from the support and services of UC Berkeley's Geospatial Innovation Facility (GIF), gif.berkeley.edu."
- A full listing of GIF policies are available here.
Due to technical limitations please OMIT apostrophes
from any information entered below.