ArcGIS 10 Education Edition
UC Berkeley students, staff, and faculty may attain a one-year education edition of ArcGIS Desktop's ArcINFO free of charge!
To obtain an ArcGIS Education disk, just stop by 111 Mulford Hall, and GIF staff will supply you with an installation DVD.
Any UC Berkeley student, faculty, or staff is eligible to receive the Education Edition software. You will be asked to present a valid Cal ID.
|Windows 7 or Vista (Ultimate, Enterprise, Business, Home Premium) or Windows XP (Home Edition and Professional)|
|2 GB or higher|
|2.2 GHz dual core or higher|
|2.4 GB free disk space|
- Once you have received your installation DVD, visit http://esri.com/educationedition and click the "Activate Now" button.
- If you do not already have one, you will need to create an "ESRI Global Account" login. Note that if you are creating a new account, you will be prompted to activate that account via email before being able to log in. You may also have to return the initial url and start again.
- Enter the 12 digit number found in the DVD sleeve to activate the code.
- Insert the installation DVD and click "Setup" for ArcGIS Desktop.
- If you would like to install the complete software package, including extensions, within the given options, choose to install the "complete" version.
- Choose to activate "single use" using the same 12 digit registration code that you have activated online.
- Use the same 12 digit code to activate each of the individual extensions.
Education Edition FAQs:
- What extensions are included?
The ArcGIS 10 Education Edition software includes 3D Analyst, Geostatistical Analyst, Network Analyst, Publisher, Schematics, Spatial Analyst, Survey Analyst, ArcScan, and Maplex.
ArcGIS 10 Education Edition software may only be used for educational, research, and academic purposes and not for commercial use or resale. The term of use is for one year (365 days), which starts upon registration of the Education Edition software.
No, you must uninstall any previous versions of ArcView, ArcEditor, or ArcInfo before you install the ArcGIS 10 Education Edition.
Yes, you need to register the ArcGIS 10 Education Edition and each of the extensions you wish to use with ESRI before you can begin using any of them. You can register via the ESRI Web site, e-mail, fax, or mail.
The registration number is the 12-digit code located on the DVD packaging.
The Desktop Administrator doesn't refresh until you click OK. Click OK and then restart the Desktop Administrator.
When you install ArcGIS 10, you are installing the ArcGIS Desktop applications ArcMap and ArcCatalog. ArcGIS is the name that appears in the Start program menu, not ArcGIS.
ArcGIS 10 consists of two desktop applications: ArcMap and ArcCatalog. ArcMap provides data display, query, and analysis. ArcCatalog provides data management. When you want to begin using ArcGIS, you need to open each of these applications (Start >Programs >ArcGIS> then choose ArcMap and ArcCatalog).